This page tells you how to add a shared field to your database.
Note: We will later use this shared fields to store a calculated bar code. The bar code can be printed at any time, by printing the shared field using a bar code font.
Shared fields can be used in more than one form.
In Lotus Domino Designer;
- Open or select your database.
- Expand the Resources section.
- Under Resources select the Shared Fields section.
- Click New Shared Field to create a new shared field.
In the Shared Field dialog box;
- In Name box enter;
- In Type drop-down lists select;
and then select;
Close the Shared Field dialog box.
- On the Objects tab, under Barcode (Shared Field) select the Value property.
- You may need to click Barcode (Shared Field) to expand its properties.
- In the Barcode (Shared Field) : Value window, enter the following formula;
This simply means the value to be displayed is the value of the Barcode shared field itself.
Copyright © 2000 CIA (BAR CODES) UK. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.