This section is not required reading. Only use this section if you need to, usually you do not need to.
To create a new library;
- Run the Library Painter (Shift-F10).
- In the Library Window, select menu Library | Create...
- In the Create Library dialog box, select the directory where you want to store the new library.
- In the File name box, enter a new name for the library
If you enter CIAXCOM the library file will be called CIAXCOM.PBL
- Click the Save button.
When you create a new library a Properties dialog box appears, so you can enter Comments for the new library. Enter a comment, or leave it empty.
- Click OK.
In PowerBuilder, you can only import entries in a library that is in the current application's Library Search Path.
See: Adding a library to the Library Search Path
Because the library uses External Functons in a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) you will also need to declare these functions as Global External Functions.
See: Declaring Global External Functions
To import functions in to a library;
- Open the Library Painter (Shift-F10)
- Select menu Entry | Import...
In the Select Import Files dialog box, you can select one or more files of type PB Export Files (*.SR*).
- Select the files you want to import.
|Note: Usually the PB Export Files
(*.SR*) are in directory.
but you may have installed them on a different drive or in a different directory.
Note: Use Shift-Click, or Control-Click, to select multiple files.
- Click Open.
In the Import File Into Library Entry dialog box, the Destination Library box lists all libraries in the application's Library Search Path.
- In the Destination Library box, select the library you want to import the functions in to.
To begin the import;
- Click OK.
|Note: If you import all of the function files, the import may take over 30 seconds.|
Copyright © 2000 CIA (BAR CODES) UK. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.